The reform of vocational training has profoundly transformed the system of professional certification; individuals now have greater means to individualise their skills development path and build their professional project in line with market needs. Thus, access to the CPF Personal Training Account is restricted to certification training: the aim is to enable individuals to upgrade their skills through certifications that are recognised on the labour market.
By decision of France Compétences, the ProQuartet training courses for professionals and amateurs were registered on March 2, 2020 in the National Directories (Répertoire Spécifique).
They are now certified and eligible for the CPF - Personal Training Account. - (Type "interpretation en musique de chambre" in the search bar)
Plug number RS5136 - NSF Code 133
Title of certification
« Interprétation en musique de chambre » (Chamber Music Performance)
Professional and amateur musicians
Objectives and context of certification or accreditation
The "Chamber Music Performance" certification allows artists called upon to play together and meet each other by creating a harmony that is both musical and human.
Even if everyone knows his or her part perfectly, the performance and the meeting with the audience will only take place if each individual integrates a single ensemble.
This certification develops the quality of the interpretation through this musical ensemble playing and through this ability to be able to interact with each other in a shared feeling.
Prerequisites for the validation of skills
- Professional artists musicians at the beginning of their professional career who have won prizes in international competitions and/or prizes from national and international higher and regional conservatories in instrumental practice and/or chamber music.
- Professional musical artists with a three-year career.
- Amateur musicians holding a postgraduate diploma in instrumental practice and/or chamber music or an equivalent level for those who have followed a course of study in private lessons.
- Artists, whether professional or amateur, will have to be already in training and, for "isolated" musicians, subject to forming a group.
The positioning tests to be selected for certification are:
A file that consists of : the registration form, a CV with copies of diplomas, and a recording or youtube link to a recording.
Pathways to certification
- After a course of continuing education
- By professionalisation contract
- After a training course under student status
- By experience
To validate the certification, the candidate must meet at least 80% of the criteria below:
Preparation of the interpretation in its emotional and corporal dimension, analysis of the work and its context
- Use breathing techniques to help release energies.
- Practice warm-up, active recovery or relaxation exercises to prevent musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
- Use your ability to internalize your emotions to develop your artistic expression.
- Use stress and stage fright management techniques to control the negative effects and facilitate performance.
- Analyse the context of the work in its cultural and historical dimensions to better situate it.
- To position the work within the composer's creation as a whole in order to understand it in its own history.
- Identify and appropriate the syntax of the score (rhythm, harmony, melody, tempo, movements, ...), to translate the composer's intention.
- Compare the works of a composer to distinguish their singularities.
- To implement the necessary listening conditions to make the musicality of each musician converge towards the same direction.
- Develop his melodic approach with the other musicians to match rhythmic and harmonic foundations.
- Search for musical balance (sound, energy, nuances, ...) to obtain the harmonization of the group.
- Use positive communication techniques to build group buy-in around common goals.
- Use active listening techniques of openness and questioning to bring out contributing ideas and participate in collective creation.
- To create conditions favourable to experimentation by allowing everyone the right to diverge in order to progress together in a spirit of benevolence.
- Adapt to the acoustic conditions and constraints of a space to obtain a better rendering.
- To affirm its stage presence and the overall dialogue to allow the audience to share the same emotional feelings.
- Going beyond its musical internalization by projecting its interpretation towards the audience to create the link.
- Communicate with the other trades involved on stage so that everyone's needs are taken into account and serve the quality of the performance.
Information and convening procedures
Candidates will be informed and convened by email as well as by posting in the different rooms where the training will take place.
Performance of one or more works in a real concert situation in front of an audience and a jury of professionals, completed by an individual evaluation interview.
Composition of the jury :
- a teacher who supervised the training
- an employee of the training organization
Methods of issuing the certification
Composition of the jury :
- a referent pedagogical manager
- two outside professionals
The jury will be responsible for awarding the certification.
A certification award ceremony will be held once a year in the presence of the managers of the certification structure and the members of the jury who may be present. Candidates who are unable to attend will receive the certificate by post.
Communication of results to candidates
Candidates will be informed of the results by email.
In case of failure, the certifying body will propose to the candidate to participate in a new training session to enable him/her to prepare again for the certification assessment tests.
Candidates who wish to lodge an appeal will do so by registered post to the certifying body.
ProQuartet-European Chamber Music Centre
Certification Passing Centre
ProQuartet-CEMC training centres in Paris and the regions
Training programs offered to provide certification
Each year, Proquartet-CEMC offers several courses to amateur and professional musicians.
CPF account Personal training account
To create your CPF account - to consult your account - to use your rights for training :